Raised Beds Drainage

Ever since we installed the first three raised beds there has been a significant issue with water/mud pooling around the beds.  We decided to take the bull by the horns and install three 60ft french drains.  This ended up being quite a job over two days by me and Patty.  We rented a trencher and that ended up being the easy part.  Backfilling the trench with gravel, pushing the dirt back in and removing the extra dirt was back breaking, even with the help of the tractor.  We finished and I think its going to make a huge difference.  I ended up with enough dirt to also fix up one of the culvert crossings over the barn pond branch.

Now to assemble, install, and fill with dirt the six new raised beds!