This time of year the carpenter bees are everywhere. In the past two years I’ve had ‘Bee Gone’ insecticide applied, but I could still see bee activity. This year I’m going a different route by putting up traps. After two days they seem to work pretty well, I’ve order three more so I can have them on all sides of the house.
The four guineas have been busy this spring. They’ve laid a total of 23 eggs in the barn. Unfortunately I couldn’t get the hen(s) to sit on them, in fact they laid them in random places all over the coop. After about two weeks I took all of them and put them in an incubator, we’ll find out soon enough if they are fertile, they should hatch around the 20th of May.
Purchased a whole load of fish from a Zetts up in West Virginia, the containers took up the entire trailer and pickup truck. The fish included:
- Large mouth bass
- Blue gill
- Yellow perch
- Channel catfish
- Fathead minnows
- Giant tadpoles
- Large snails
- Daphnia – water fleas
Maddy & Patrick helped me spread them around the pond. Keeping fingers crossed that they will take.