Completed the first phase of the interior demolition. About 4,000 pounds of waste was taken to the local dump. The two non-load bearing walls were removed and I managed to repurpose many of the 2x4s to build saw horses for later phases of the renovation. Now that all of the walls and roof beams have been exposed, things appear to be in pretty good shape, better than I expected actually.
There were two roofing leaks, which have since undergone roof repair and roofing replacement via a local roofing contractor. Roof is on (mostly), just in time for sustained rainfall we have been getting. Hopefully we don’t get any hail this season, or we might find ourselves in need of hail damage repair through the roofing contractor again, which would hurt a bit having just done work on the roof.
The day after that, the sprayfoam guys showed up and insulated the whole place. Of course they got stuck trying to turn around due to rain and I pulled them out with the tractor. Pretty happy so far with our upgrades. Now, the next phase is the removal of the chimneys. Here are some of the pictures we can share of the progress.